Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Swag Box!

HEYYY, EVERYONE!





Christmas came early this--er--last year. It was funny, I had ordered a lot of presents from Amazon, and when a shipment came one day, there was this large box for me that I didn't recognize. I seriously didn't put two and two together until I cut a small hole in the tape and saw an orange paper that said "Nickelodeon" on it, and I knew. It was finally here!

So let's not waste time. Here's what was in it.
The Swag box is a ~12” wide x 17” long x 8”deep” hard cardboard chest with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles print on it. It has a small clasp and rope handles on either side.

(The contents were packed in perfectly and probably won’t be packed that well ever again. I took it all apart willie nillie with my family so there isn’t a proper order to this list.)

It’s contents:
  • A letter from Nick Animation.
  • A paper with links to Nick Animation on social media platforms
  • 1 L Get Schooled t-shirt.
  • 1 L Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt
  • 1 L Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tank top
  • 1 “limited edition” Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles “Japanese Vinyl Hikari” figure. (Michaelangelo)
  • 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles “Fabrikation soft sculpture” plushie (Leonardo)
  • 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles “Classic Collection” action figure “inspired by the original TMNT movies turtles! ‘1990!’” (Raphael)
  • 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles inspired piggy bank (Leonardo)
  • 1 pair of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles headphones
  • 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles “Go Ninja Go Ninja Go” wooden wall display
  • 1 Spongebob seat belt buckle-style belt
  • 1 Spongebob stocking cap
  • 1 Nickelodeon cup/straw (durable transparent plastic)
  • 1 Get Schooled 3x5” spiral notepad
  • 1 Get Schooled ballpoint pen
  • 1 Nickelodeon note pad
  • 1 Invader Zim ONI PRESS comic (Issue #2)
  • 1 (approximately) 5” wide x 8” long x 3” deep Nickelodeon themed box. It is an orange rubbery case, with textured Nickelodeon themed raised patterns at textures. It closes snugly. Inside:
    • 1 “Nickelodeon ARCHIVE Collector Series” book. It is full of postcards with photos of original concept art of Nickelodeon characters. Just a lot of interesting drawings, paintings and storyboards of recognisable and never-realized characters.
    • 1 “Spongeboy” poster
    • 2 sets of small cards that have information about the creators of Nickelodeon shows, as well as some small stickers.
  • 1 wrapped gift (Nickelodeon themed wrapping paper)
    • A small nicely made book-sized carrying case with a zipper handle shaped like a bare foot.
    • (Inside) An orange Nickelodeon Animation Studio blank notebook
    • Four #2 Nickelodeon Animation Studios pencils (they fit into pouches).
  • 1 Nickelodeon Art Of book “Not Just Cartoons”. It gives short, but detailed looks at all of Nickelodeon’s past shows (storyboards, concept art, etc).
  • 1 pack of silica gel ;)


Needless to say, I'm pretty happy that it finally arrived and I have it in my clutches.

I'm actually pleasently surprised with the quality of the prize. Besides some of the toys which I've yet to find a use for, and the overabundance of TMNT merchandise, this stuff is pretty cool. I'm especially happy with the Art Of book, because I collect those, so it went right into my collection with the rest. I also like the shirts and belt and such, because I get to show off how rediculous I am.

Once again, thank you to everyone who helped me win this. I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment